Location: 845 Gregory Lane
Size: 14,530 SF (3 bay)
Budget: Fire House No.1 – $2,080,680.00
Existing House No. 1 was constructed in 1999. As a result of the relocation of the District administrative functions from this current location to the proposed new House No. 2, it allows for the repurposing/renovation of the vacated areas into expanded living and support spaces for fire operations. The repurposed facility will address the following existing conditions within the current building footprint:
Existing facility needs to be addressed:
• Increase site lighting levels for security.
• Fully fire-sprinkler the entire facility.
• Provide ventilated gear storage room.
• Provide decontamination area in bays.
• Provide toilet facilities in bays.
• Existing restrooms to be made ADA compliant.
• Provide staff study area.
• Provide visibility into bays from Captain Office.
• Provide individual, gender neutral bunk rooms.
• Provide additional restrooms / showers to support crew size.
• Enlarge living quarters and improve proximity to bays.
• Provide increased storage space.
• Install Security hardware and cameras.
• Improve efficiency of Mechanical/Electrical systems.
• Provide Apparatus exhaust system upgrades.
• Lighting needs to be switched to LED format.
• Provide upgrades to data, phone, and plectron systems.